Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Solved: Comments vanished in Static Pages of Blogger

Few days ago, I experienced a typical problem which was very severe in nature. All the comments vanished in the following static page of my blog.
www.wbxpress.com/p/ask-question.html
There were more than 200 comments in the above static page. But unfortunately all the comments vanished. But comments in other posts were in existence. I was very confused; wrote to blogger.com; but there was no fruitful result. So, at last, I decided to implement disqus in my blog. Accordingly I installed it following this link.
But I was really missing the comments features of blogger's own platform. One main reason, I do not like to store my comments in any other hosting service; disqus primarily provides a free service of commenting system with additional up gradation option which is a paid service. And major drawbacks, the comments will not be indexed. I may be wrong.
After that, I uninstalled disqus and, voila, my comments are back for static pages also. So, I am really thankful to disqus for correcting comment system in my highly customized template of my blog. Now I am happily enjoying the commenting system of blogger which is indexed by Google.